Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day 72

I was so excited to find these in our yard today...I think Spring is on it's way!  Was anyone else totally exhausted today from the time change--I don't know what's going on with me! ;)
(1/1600s; f/4.0; ISO: 400; focal length: kit lens--18mm)

I know I took these in full sunlight, but I tried to wait until the sun was somewhat behind the clouds.  Would you have waited until dusk??

21 comments:

  1. That purple is amazing! I always have a hard time capturing true purple in my iris, maybe high sun helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these are beautiful just the way they are!!! I love he dappled light on these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the light, would the colors have been as true w/o sunlight? Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how it could get any better, Chelsea. That photo is absolutely beautiful! Graple (my term for purple lol) is one of my favorite color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the lighting is perfect! They look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think new moms with babies who eat 3x a night should be exempt from daylight savings. On another note.. spring is starting to appear in Seattle too.. our cherry blossoms are starting to bloom. Have a great week! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you did wonderfully. The sunlight makes them pop. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, SO jealous you have color! I cannot wait.. Beautiful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful color! Yay for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think they are lovely just as they are!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's funny how sometimes we envision what we want in our head and then it turns out different than what we were aiming for, but in the long run it often works out to our benefit. I think that's the case here because I love the contrast and POP in this photo and don't think you would have gotten the dramatic effect if you'd waited for the sun to be more muted. Nice job. And thank you for you sweet, sweet comment yesterday. That made my day and I feel the same way :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty...love that color pop! The purple really stands out next to the leaves. And...I like the light. It shows that it's being kissed by the sun. As far as the time change goes, I completely forgot about it, so I'm still adjusting (need more sleep!!!). ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Crocus and purple is my favourite colour, these are beautiful, come check my 365 blog out http://flojomo365.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really love the colors...such a vivid purple!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful color! I can't wait until I start seeing flowers around here!

    (And yes- DST killed me this year-- it's two days later and I still feel like a zombie!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Okay, I didn't read everyone's comment but if you waited till a cloud covered the sun, you're golden! :) It helps defuse the sun. The lighting looks great, I love color. So jealous of your blooms, I can't wait for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful color!! i love it! i'm ready for spring too!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the vivid color! The light you had worked for this shot!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's right - you had a time change! We don't get ours for a couple more weeks:(

    The tulips are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete