This weekend, she blew me away. She just decided for herself that the time was now. She'll just be playing babies, announce, 'Oh, I have to go potty', run into the bathroom and go. I'm shocked, surprised, and SO proud of my little girl. And just as we promised, I opened her bed tonight. She was thrilled beyond belief (but that also means that now I have to deal with her coming out of her room every 5 minutes). There's always something, right?! I just can't say enough of what a proud momma I am!!! Here's to our big girl!
(1/125s; f/5.6; ISO: 6400; focal length: kit lens--50mm)

Oh great times!! I am so happy too. Doesn't each phase bring such smiles :-)
ReplyDeletecongrats momma!!
ReplyDeletegood for her, and lucky you!
ReplyDeletesuch a beautiful smile ~ so proud of herself
ReplyDeleteJust look at her proud smile! Her sense of accomplishment can be seen in her eyes. :)
ReplyDeleteWAy to go Siena! Now I really get the stand off. Xo
ReplyDeleteThat is exciting! Brayden's arrival set Delia back but finally we are back on! Hang in there! She may surprise you about staying in the bed too!
ReplyDeleteShe is so excited, it's too cute. Yay for going in the potty. I know my friends ended up putting a lock on the door becasue their 2 1/2 year old would come out in the middle of the night and start playing. So they just made his room extra safe and put a monitor in there and locked him in. It only took a few nights and then he never tried to get out again and they quit locking him in. It sounds so horrible, but they said it made them feel better knowing he couldn't roam the house.
ReplyDeleteChelsea,
ReplyDelete1) SUPER cute picture of her - I love the little smirk on her face!
2) How cool that she just decided she was ready! I don't think we're nearly ready at our house, but maybe I'm underestimating my son.
3) My experience with transitioning LA to a big boy bed was that it took about a week of training him to not get out of bed for naps and nighttime, and now he does great with it. Perhaps it will work the same way for you, although I know every child is different:)
4) I'm curious - are our children close in age? LA will be 3 in May.
YAY!!! Cute picture!
ReplyDeleteShe looks so thrilled and pleased with herself! Love this picture :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on two huge milestones! What an exciting time this is for both of you and I can just hear the pride in your voice and see the joy in hers! Your photo to capture the event is perfect too!
ReplyDeleteVery exciting!! She looks so proud! Very cute photo to remember this time by.
ReplyDeleteWhat a pretty smile and a cute pic!
ReplyDelete